Class today is on So Cal Home Selling Help…7 Fast Home Selling Facts!
When it comes to So Cal home selling help, it doesn’t get any more basic than these fast facts on selling your home.
- If you can’t see it you can’t sell it. It’s essential you make your home available during reasonable hours. Pretty simple home selling tip, isn’t it? Yet some owners limit viewings to only a few hours a day or a few days a week. With that, home buyers and agents say …NEXT.
- It’s positioning not just pricing. You can price your home to sit, or you can price it to sell. If you’re priced in a cluster with other home sellers, join the club unfortunately you may be there a while. Until of course your neighbor reduces their price, and leading to a sale impacting the price for everyone else sitting on the sidelines.
- De clutter, okay how many times have you heard this one? So tell me why you still have the antique doll collection or decorative beer mugs on display. You’re going to be moving them anyway, right? Now is the time to pack-em up and get-em out of sight. Oh, and bathrooms count too, clear then out and make them shine.
- It’s not all about you, so be flexible. That’s right, be flexible on what you’re going to include in your contract, be flexible about closing and moving dates as much as you possibly can.
- Odors, if you can smell it, you’re not going to sell it. Enough said, well maybe not. Some home sellers underestimate the issue of odors vs. aromas. Homeowners who smoke inside (without a doubt) has been the #1 biggest objection from prospective buyers. #2 is usually pet odor, and even though you may not smell it, believe me your end of story.
- Be prepared to make buyer concessions. You may have buyers who need help with closing costs, or want carpeting allowance, whatever it may be, be prepared buyers will ask and it could help your home selling process in Southern Cal.
- You can have a last minute glitch just days prior to closing, it’s common. Buyers can have a last minute loan issue at the time of funding their loan. Underwriters can and do ask for updated items from a borrower, or even require a review of your home’s appraisal. It happens all the time, so expect it.
That’s about it in a nutshell, and I can say without exception it seems like anything goes in real estate today, so be informed and be prepared.
For more info on home selling help in So Cal or anywhere, just cruise around the site!