If you’ve ever watched the Food Channel, the Food Network it’s easy to see the diffence how most of us really live in our everyday lives vs. what we see on the tube.
After watching the Food channel recently it made me think about comparing my simple tri-tip dinner sandwich to the “dressed-up” looking food as presented to the panel of judges. And of course, many of their opinions/comments are based the the way it looks.
That made me think, when it comes to home selling the same principal applies. On the Food Channel, not only is it about taste, equally important it’s about presentation. So how could that apply in the sale of your home, how are you and your home being judged on your presentation?
READ ON: So let’s say you’re priced right, meaning you’re in the ball park when it comes to other homes for sale in your area right?
As a home seller, ask yourself, “How’s my presentation?” How does my home really look to others? Have I/have we:
1. Eliminated Clutter?
2. Cleaned/spruced things up?
3. Eliminated clutter, packing thing up. (same as #1)
4. De-personalized your home, meaning removing peroanl items along with photos and other collectibles?
5. Cleaned/organized the garage?
6. Enhanced my curb appeal?
7. Have lights on, window coverings open, music on setting the stage for showings?
Remember each and every one of these aspects is important when it comes to a timely sale.
GOOD LUCK and give me a quick heads up if you found this helpful!