Welcome to class today, it’s an important session on home selling…the agent/REALTOR selection.
Selecting the right REALTOR may be like selecting the right attorney …unfortunately you don’t realize you’ve made a mistake until it’s too late!
When it comes to the REALTOR selection check out the Top 10 Agent Evaluation checklist!
- Was the REALTOR well informed, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and have a professional demeanor? I realize that’s a lot in one question, but is this someone you could see representing you in the sale of your home?
- Did the REALTOR demonstrate a willingness to be of service to you, rather than just going through the motions?
- Was the REALTOR detailed when viewing your home, taking note of the specifics?
- Did the REALTOR provide you with any data/reports, general marketing or company information in advance of your meeting?
- Similarly, did the agent review with you a detailed pricing report of homes currently for sale and recently sold in your neighborhood? What about the surrounding areas?
- Did the REALTOR ask you for copies of your must current property/loan documents? Or did the REALTOR have copies (himself/herself) of items that were a matter of public record?
- Was the REALTOR (or company) personally referred to you by a close friend or family member? Or did the REALTOR provide you with a list of current references (contact info) of other home sellers?
- Did the agent demonstrate a willingness to make suggestions when it comes to staging your home for sale, or helpful marketing strategies?
- Does the REALTOR have an online presence? A written marketing plan that included online marketing?
- Was the agent on time? And, after much discussion, do you feel this REALTOR would have your best interest at heart?